Bengaluru, Cochin, Hyderabad and Vijayawada
3 Years | 2 Years
Degree Issuing Authority
Bachelor of Science or BSc. in Fashion Design and Garment Management offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology centres in Bengaluru, Cochin, Hyderabad and Vijayawada, in collaboration with Sunrise University. It is a program that introduces students to the conceptual, creative, technical and evolving processes of fashion and management. The pedagogy follows a cutting-edge curriculum that covers a 360-degree knowledge of the various nuances that inform the fashion domain. It equips the students with the skill to develop their own creative identity, along with the technical and creative aptitude to conceive and formulate a fashion collection. The program also trains students with entrepreneurial and managerial skills that are required to run their own studio and manage brands.
BSc. in Fashion Design and Garment Management comprises the practical and hands-on training that is required for a career in fashion design. The course with its integration of theory with practical enquires how they inform each other, and in challenging and expanding the potential of its creative practice. The program curriculum through modules such as the design process develops the creative thinking skills of the students. The students are further trained in the various technical processes such as pattern making and garment construction, along with the digital tools that the current industry requires. The program enquires the relevance of the student’s creative vision and encourages them to challenge the current methodologies that inform the practice of fashion. The program equips students with the managerial and organisational skills to enable them to be efficient and responsible fashion entrepreneurs.
|Classroom Facilities||Gain Insights||Design Facilities & Studios||Technology Training||Learn with Experts||Learning Out of the Box|
|Hone skills and strengths||The library and resource center||Labs and technical spaces||Computer lab and 3D printing lab.||Specialized tutors and renowned specialists||Industry visits, projects, etc.|
- Assess, master, and apply various techniques related to the drafting, draping, and construction of garments.
- Develop a systematic and critical approach to problem solving through design thinking.
- Develop the ability to conceive innovative ideas in the field that challenge the existing methodologies that inform its practice.
- Attain a strong sense of imaginative thinking and forecasting to create trends.
- Apply their theoretical knowledge in practical surroundings within the fashion industry.
- Relate fashion design and its applications to a broader socio-economic and environmental context.
- Develop the relevant skills to be an efficient entrepreneur in the current creative environment.
- Basics of Art and Design
- Pattern Making and Sewing Techniques – 1
- Sketching and Illustration – 1
- Fashion Theory
- Pattern Making and Sewing Techniques -2
- Textile Science
- Design Process
- Art and Costume Appreciation
- Draping -1
- CAD – 1
- Traditional Indian Textiles
- Fashion Forecasting
- CAD – 2
- Draping – 2
- Pattern Making and Sewing Techniques – MENSWEAR
- Academic Research Methodologies
- Fabric Ornamentation
- Apparel Merchandising
- CAD – 3
- Sourcing and Supply Chain Management
- Fashion Styling
- Industry Project
- Apparel Production and Quality Control
- Visual Merchandising and Consumer Behaviour
- Fashion Marketing and Retail
- Final Collection Portfolio
- Fashion Designer
- Costume Designer
- Fashion Buyer
- Trend Analyst
- Fashion Product Manager
- Sewing Technician
What are the course-specific admission requirements?
Admission to the Bachelor’s Program is based on a reasonable expectation that the student will be able to fulfill the program objectives and standards required for the certification. To know more about admission eligibility and document requirements, please click
Is it compulsory to participate in campus events, displays, and open houses?
Yes, it is compulsory and an integral part of the curriculum.
Will JDSD bear all the expenses for study trips?
The cost of the study trips can be
- Industry Visits, Field trips and Excursion plans are planned according to the requirement of the curriculum.
- Study trips planned by students for their research will not be funded by the school if this is not part of the curriculum.
What are the Career Opportunities after the fashion design course?
Students can opt for many career options –
- Fashion Designer
- Pattern Maker
- Sourcing Agent
- Textile Designer
- Trend Forecaster
- Sewing Technician
- Visual Merchandiser
What are the age criteria for the Fashion Design Course?
For Bachelor degree candidates till 37 years of age can apply.
How many seats are available for the BSc Fashion Design and Apparel Course?
There are 25 seats for BSc Fashion Design and Apparel Course.
Can we expect admission beyond limited seats?
Yes, we do provide admissions beyond seats with respect to the availability of the batch.
Do you provide scholarships for students?
No, we do not provide any scholarship to any student.
Is there any rebate for Army Personnel?
Yes, we offer a 5% rebate in fees for Army Personnel only.
Do you provide education loans?
We provide all supportive documents that will help students to get education loans.
- 3 Years
Interior design defines spaces in which we live, shop, work, and wander. Design plays a vital role in creating a functional, operational, and conventional space.
- 4 Years
BVA is a four-year intensive program offered by the JD School of Design is designed to help students understand the fundamentals of graphic design skills.
- 4 Years
The program consists of four main modules that are focused on highlighting the different methodologies that inform product design and how they interact with each other.
JDSD will make every effort to deliver the Course and services indicated in this Output. JDSD may be required to add, remove, or modify the material of your Course in order to comply with relevant law or unforeseen events, or to meet the most recent standards of a commissioning or accrediting authority, or in response to student input. JDSD strives to notify you of any modifications as soon as is practical.