2 years (full time)
Degree Issuing Authority
The Master of Arts in Interior Design is a programme offered by Singhania University for Architects, Interior Designers, and Civil Engineers who wish to acquire the foregoing skill sets in order to compete in the booming Interiors industry and design spaces with a focus on functionality, aesthetics, and responsible design. The course teaches students to comprehend many concepts, such as sustainability, inclusivity, and experiential design, which will assist them in making a constructive contribution to the world. It encourages students to challenge themselves and undertake projects, and teaches them the required skills for dealing with vendors, comprehending construction codes, becoming entrepreneurs, and advertising their services.
Ayeshabanu Shabir Mussa
I will cherish the memories made in the three years that I’ve spent here that have allowed me to grow as a person both professionally and personally. For that I would like to thank the staff and faculty, for literally “welcoming me imagination”.
|Classroom Facilities||Gain Insights||Design Facilities & Studios||Technology Training||Learn with Experts||Learning Out of the Box|
|Hone skills and strengths||The library and resource center||Labs and technical spaces||Computer lab and 3D printing lab.||Specialized tutors and renowned specialists||Industry visits, projects, etc.|
- Acquire an understanding of the design process and tools needed to develop products and services in the scope of the Business of Interiors.
- Equip students with knowledge and skills to work with existing and emerging technologies in the field of interior design.
- Encourage students to attain in-depth knowledge in the areas of design, materials, space planning, lighting, and acoustics.
- Train students in research methods in design and sustainability, which will be explored in depth during the final thesis.
- Students are given real-life exposure through site visits, research projects, store and factory visits, and external projects.
On successful completion of the MSc. in Interior Design, the students will be able to:
- Design, plan, and execute functional spaces and landscapes.
- Adopt sustainable practices in the interior and architectural environment.
- Plan and offer design and business services in the field of interiors.
- Understand and adapt to the workings of the interior design business; material sourcing; CAD designing; visual merchandising; and management.
- Understand how to start and manage a business of interior design services successfully.
- Develop the skills and aptitude to become effective, conscientious, and confident entrepreneurs with the capability of leading an interior design career that is reflective of advances in technology.
- Design Thinking
- Material Sourcing
- Architectural Graphics
- Design Studies
- History of Interior Design
- Furniture Design
- Space Design
- Sketch Up
- Estimation and Costing
- Lighting & Acoustics in Interiors
- Hospitality Project- Restaurant Project
- Landscape Design
- Research Methodology
- Communication Design I- Basics
- Vocational Studies
- Resume/Portfolio making
- Traditional building Design- Vaastu
- Business of Interior Design
- Communication Design II- Graphic Design
- Visual Merchandising
- Interior Photography
- 3Ds Max
- Soft skill & Personality Development
- Interior Designer
- Interior Decorator
- Set Designer
- Lighting Designer
- Design Journalism
What are the course-specific admission requirements?
Admission to the Master’s Program is based on a reasonable expectation that the student will be able to fulfill the program objectives and standards required for the certification. To know more about admission eligibility and document requirements, please click
Is it compulsory to participate in campus events, displays, and open houses?
Yes, it is compulsory and an integral part of the curriculum.
Will JDSD bear all the expenses for study trips?
The cost of the study trips can be
- Student will be guided by faculty for trips and tours as per curriculum requirement.
- Study trips planned by students for their research will not be funded by the school if this is not part of the curriculum.
What is the basic Admission requirement for the MSc Interior Design Course?
Admission to the Master’s Program is based on a reasonable expectation that the student will be able to fulfill the program objectives and standards required for the certification.
Admission requirements are as follows –
- Graduation with any stream
- Should have at least 40% marks
What are the career opportunities after MSc. in Interior Design?
Students in this field have the option to work as interior designers and start their own firms that might also deal with material distribution, project management and much more. They can find jobs as set designers, exhibition designers, visual merchandisers and architecture journalists.
How many seats are available for MSc Interior Design?
There are 25 seats for MSc in Interior Design.
Can we expect admission beyond limited seats?
Yes, we do provide admissions beyond seats with respect to the availability of the batch.
Do you provide scholarships for students?
No, we do not provide any scholarship to any student.
Is there any rebate for Army Personnel?
Yes, we offer a 5% rebate in fees for Army Personnel only.
Do you provide education loans?
We provide all supportive documents that will help students to get education loans.
- 2 Years
The Master of Science (MSc) in Fashion and Textile Design is an interdisciplinary course that focuses on the science and technology of fiber processing, textile structure.
- 2 Years
MA Fashion Communication is an advanced digital course that explores and analyses innovative fashion trends. At the JD School of Design, students will focus on ways to conceptualize.
and Event Management
- 2 Years
Holding a master’s degree in fashion management can lead to many different careers within the fashion industry. Some professional titles may include product managers.
JDSD will make every effort to deliver the Course and services indicated in this Output. JDSD may be required to add, remove, or modify the material of your Course in order to comply with relevant law or unforeseen events, or to meet the most recent standards of a commissioning or accrediting authority, or in response to student input. JDSD strives to notify you of any modifications as soon as is practical.