MA in User Experience and Interaction Design (UI/UX)
These undergraduate programmemes are designed for participants looking to enter the design world, and provide a complete education allowing participants to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to pursue a career in the chosen field.
2 years (full-time)
Any degree from the UGC Recognised university
Degree Issuing Authority
Shape the digital experiences of tomorrow. Design user interfaces and interactions for websites, apps, and software that are intuitive, efficient, and engaging. Understand user research, design thinking, prototyping, and usability testing to create seamless and enjoyable user experiences.
In line with our commitment to nurturing promising startups and young entrepreneurs through our online platform, we equip students with pedagogical tools to harness inventive and adaptable techniques for addressing user needs. We eagerly anticipate the inventive designs they will pioneer. In addition to technical skills, the programme emphasizes collaboration and teamwork, preparing students to work effectively in multidisciplinary environments. Students engage in real-world projects, gaining practical experience in UI and UX design.
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of the design process and essential tools required to develop innovative products and services within the realm of the Business of Interiors, fostering creativity and practicality.
- Equip students with proficient knowledge and cutting-edge skills to effectively engage with both established and emerging technologies in the dynamic field of interior design, promoting adaptability and technological expertise.
- Encourage students to delve deeply into the core aspects of design, materials, space planning, lighting, and acoustics, cultivating expertise in these critical areas and fostering a holistic approach to interior design.
- Provide rigorous training in research methods specific to design and sustainability, preparing students to conduct in-depth investigations, which will culminate in a comprehensive and insightful final thesis.
- Facilitate real-life exposure for students through engaging site visits, hands-on research projects, immersive store and factory visits, and meaningful external projects, nurturing practical skills and industry awareness.
Upon successful completion of the MSc. in Interior Design, students will demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Proficiently design, plan, and execute functional spaces and landscapes to meet the needs and preferences of clients, incorporating principles of aesthetics and functionality.
- Apply sustainable practices in the interior and architectural environment, considering environmental impact, resource conservation, and ethical considerations.
- Develop and offer innovative design and business services in the field of interiors, integrating creativity with a sound understanding of market demands and client requirements.
- Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of the interior design business, including material sourcing, CAD designing, visual merchandising, and effective management practices.
- Acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to initiate and effectively manage an interior design services business, including aspects of finance, marketing, and client management.
- Cultivate entrepreneurial abilities and a confident mindset, empowering students to lead their interior design careers with adaptability to technological advancements and industry trends.
- Case Studies – Gauges students’ ability to adopt research methods to analyse gaps in the market and come up with credible solutions.
- Industrial Visits– Teaches students industry trends and requirements.
- Self-Study– Independent exploration of subjects to support classroom learnings.
- Classroom Lectures– These lectures provide vital information to the students.
- Seminars– Encourages students to debate and argue.
- Studio / Workshop / Laboratory / Practical Sessions– Help students develop creative and practical abilities by simulating the industry.
- Demonstrative– Utilised for required technical subjects.
- Group Work– Encourages students to work as a team and understand the intricacies of working in a team.
- Internal Assessments– Provides an evaluation of students’ learning progression during the entire length of the course.
- Projects– In-class and independent research projects undertaken to demonstrate students’ depth of understanding of the subject.
- Semester Examinations– Time-based formal assessments to test students' understanding of the subject.
- Presentations– Used in a few subjects to demonstrate communication skills, professionalism, critical thinking and support findings.
- Portfolio Assessment– Exhibits learning from the concept stage to execution.
- Fundamentals of UI/UX
- Human Psychology in Design and Interaction
- Elements of Visual identity
- Digital Design - I
- Design Research
- User Research & Analysis
- Visual Design Principles
- Persona Development
- HCI - Human Computer Interaction
- Digital Design - II
- Design Research - II (UI)
- Fundamentals of Wireframing
- Principles of UX
- Desktop Publishing
- Product Design Thinking
- Elective - Designing for Emerging Technologies
- Prototyping & Testing
- Digital Design - III
- Design Research - III
- UI Research Portfolio
- Experience Design
- Sustainable Designs
- Elective - Integration of AI & ML
- Capstone Project
- UX Portfolio
- Portfolio Development
- JD Design Awards
- UI/UX Designer
- Experience Designer
- Interaction Designer
- UX Strategist
- UX Architect
- UX Product Manager
- UX Analyst
- Product Designer
- UX Researcher
- Information Architect
- UI Graphic Designer
- UI Writer
- Content Strategist
- Motion Designer
- Visual Designer
Q: What is MSc. in UI/UX
A: This programme focuses on creating intuitive digital interfaces and enhancing user experiences across various platforms.
Q: What are the course
A: The 2 years full-time course is from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
Q: What subjects will I
A: You'll learn interaction design, usability testing, wireframing, prototyping, and user-centered design principles.
Q: Are placements offered?
A: Yes, the programme often facilitates internships and industry connections.
Q: How important are industry
A: Industry visits offer insights into current UI/UX design practices and emerging trends.
Q: Why choose this course?
A: If you are passionate about user-centric design and want to shape digital experiences, this programme equips you with essential skills.
Q: What are JD Design
A: JD Design Awards recognize student achievements, showcasing outstanding work in the design realm.
Q: Is the course
A: Definitely, it equips you with practical skills to design interfaces that delight users and meet industry standards.
Q: What is the infrastructure
of JD School of Design?
A: The programme offers modern labs and resources tailored to UI/UX design needs.
Q: Does JD School of Design offer
scholarships and fee
A: Yes, JD School of Design offers a variety of scholarships and fee concessions to help students access education. For more information click here .