Graduation (Any Stream)
Course Delivery Mode
MSc in Interior Design (accredited by Goa University).
Why MSc in Interior Design at JD School of Design?
Auto CAD Lab, Drawing Labs, and Design Galleries with 100% support and mentorship
Wide range of design books to offer fact-based knowledge and insights to students
Software partnership with the best industry experts
We have a wide and strong Alumni network who are working with leading industries and some have their own established labels – Catherine David, Shruti Sancheti, Pratham Kochhar, Rocky S
Learn with Experts
Students gain deep industry insights from visits, interactions, external projects, and participating in competitions, workshops, seminars, projects, etc. for
Faculty with strong educational background and years of experience.
Why JD School of Design?
The Master of Arts in Interior Design is offered by the JD School of Design powered by the JD Institute of Fashion Technology. Its incredibly high-quality facilities and the region’s burgeoning tech scene make it an ideal place for students looking to pursue their passion for fashion design. This school is unique in that it offers immersive learning experiences involving projects like furniture and product development, art criticism and theory.
If properly assessed, these well-known design and method courses will result in creating new trends in the industry. So much so that it will become one of its most valued resources for creative inspiration.
This program is best suited for students interested in learning how to evaluate the functional, emotional and psychological needs of different spaces. Students are provided with the knowledge necessary for them to be able to challenge traditional norms held by today’s industry. A collaborative learning approach that emphasizes exploration and experimentation is also used by this innovative and experimental program which enables them to develop their creative skills in an attempt to become tomorrow’s experts.
India is experiencing a drastic change in its desire for a more well-designed environment, and this has resulted in the increased importance of interior designers entering the workplace. Graduates of this MSc. degree have developed an impressive set of skills that will enable them to adapt to quickly changing market conditions due to the education they received from their university.
The interior design field is one of the most lucrative fields. It is a billion-dollar industry that spans several industries and areas of expertise. With an MSc in Interior Design, you’ll receive valuable knowledge from expert designers, who will take you step by step into this storied world by knowing where to begin with your decorating project and how to find options for all areas of your new space that are both aesthetically satisfying and in line with your overall interior design style.
- Trains students to understand and integrate concepts such as sustainability, inclusivity and experiential design to improve and augment the experience of built spaces. To design not just functional buildings , but also buildings that complement the daily navigation of human life through a methodology that is aesthetic, responsible, responsive and responsible.
- To build confidence in students who choose to challenge themselves and take on new projects, the school wants them to be equipped with the necessary skills that will lead towards success, regardless if it means working with vendors or maintaining their own business. For this reason, the school is committed to helping all of its students become entrepreneurs and teaches them not only about marketing but also about what kind of laws they have to abide by when it comes to owning a business.
- Students are given real-life exposure through site visits, research projects, store and factory visits and external projects.
On successful completion of the MSc. in Interior Design, the students will be able to:
- Postgraduate students who want to delve deeper into the interior design industry will gain valuable in-depth knowledge and understanding of its current condition, scope, and any potential issues or concerns. They also gain an ability to identify and provide solutions to contemporary issues or concerns connected with design thinking and philosophies. They develop the ability to make a difference in the interior design industry through innovative experimentation and an experimental approach. Additionally, they make excellent strides at developing personalized strengths by identifying personal specialties which can be refined further; staying updated on all things related to the industry through field visits while also doing projects that inspire them.
- Develop the skill and aptitude to become effective, conscientious and confident entrepreneurs with a capability of leading an interior design career that is reflective of advances in technology.
Student Evaluation Plan
- Case Studies – are used to discuss real-life situations related to the industry.
- Study Trips – allow students to know more about industry trends and requirements. These trips are a mandatory part of the curriculum.
- Self Directed Study – plays a vital role as students research and analyze subject matter independently to support and substantiate the taught concepts.
- Formal Lectures – form an integral part of the program and the delivery of crucial information to the whole cohort of these lectures.
- Seminars – are used to build on themes taken from the lecture program. Students are encouraged to participate by sharing in the argument and debate.
- Studio / Workshop / Laboratory / Practical Sessions – are used to enhance creative and practical skills in the students. We aim to develop an environment that simulates industry.
- Demonstrative – used for technical subjects that are mandatory requirements for understanding the concepts.
- Group Work – requires students to operate as a group or team and usually have identified roles. The emphasis is on collective responsibility, individual responsibility to the group, and joint decision-making.
Students will be assessed during semester exams, excursion trips, open houses, and other events organized to provide comprehensive knowledge and exposure to the students. Assessment includes coursework, presentations, and your dissertation.
Types of Assessments –
- Summative Assessments – provides an evaluation of a student’s learning progression during the entire course.
- Constructive feedback – helps to understand the quality of output and conditions of retakes.
- Self and Peer Assessment – makes the student an autonomous learner and makes assessments a part of the learning process.
- Practical Projects – in class and independent research projects undertaken to demonstrate their own depth of understanding of the subject.
- Examinations – time based assessment to test subject understanding.
- Presentations – to assess practical understanding of the subject & industry. It demonstrates skills in communication, professionalism, and critical thinking ability and enables them to give their observations & findings. It builds confidence in students.
- Portfolio Assessment – is part of some particular subjects where students demonstrate their learning from concept to execution.
- Thesis Assessment – independent research carried out to test / prove the viability of an idea.
- Design Thinking
- History Of Interior Design
- Architectural Graphics
- Material Sourcing
- Communication Design I – Presentation
- Furniture Design
- Design Studies
- Space Design
- Sketch-up and V-RAY
- Estimation and Costing
- Communication Design II – Research
- Methodologies & Writing in Design
- Restaurant Project
- Landscape Design
- Lighting & Acoustics in Interiors
- Visual Merchandising
- Communication Design II – Graphic Design
- Dissertation A (Part 1/2)
- Dissertation B (Part 1/2)
- Business of Interior Design
- Vocational Studies
- Dissertation A (Part 2/2)
- Dissertation B (Part 2/2)
What are the course-specific admission requirements?
Admission to the Master’s Program is based on a reasonable expectation that the student will be able to fulfill the program objectives and standards required for the certification. To know more about admission eligibility and document requirements, please click
Is it compulsory to participate in campus events, displays, and open houses?
Yes, it is compulsory and an integral part of the curriculum.
Will JDSD bear all the expenses for study trips?
The cost of the study trips can be
- Student will be guided by faculty for trips and tours as per curriculum requirement.
- Study trips planned by students for their research will not be funded by the school if this is not part of the curriculum.
What is the basic Admission requirement for the MSc Interior Design Course?
Admission to the Bachelor’s Program is based on a reasonable expectation that the student will be able to fulfill the program objectives and standards required for the certification.
Admission requirements are as follows –
- Graduation with any stream
- Should have at least 40% marks
What are the Career Opportunities after the fashion design course?
Students in this field have the option to work as interior designers and start their own firms that might also deal with material distribution, project management and much more. They can find jobs as set designers, exhibition designers, visual merchandisers and architecture journalists.
How many seats are available for MSc Interior Design?
There are 25 seats for MA in Fashion Communication.
Can we expect admission beyond limited seats?
Yes, we do provide admissions beyond seats with respect to the availability of the batch.
Do you provide scholarships for students?
No, we do not provide any scholarship to any student.
Is there any rebate for Army Personnel?
Yes, we offer a 5% rebate in fees for Army Personnel only.
Do you provide education loans?
We provide all supportive documents that will help students to get education loans.
- 3 Years
The course provides training and knowledge in ways of creating an item that is suitable for wear by the general public. The educative program would involve the matters.
- 3 Years
The school provides a comprehensive understanding of fashion from both creative and technical perspectives. Students learn the design, sketching, material studies.
Fashion Business and
- 2 Years
MBA in Fashion Business and Event Management benefits students in learning skills in the event and fashion industry. The curriculum is designed to enhance analytical.